I have learned over the last @2 years about different things a person can do to get further at blogging. Our sites are between PR2 and PR4 at times. Our visitors grow by the day. I have made a list of different things that I do that have gotten us as far as they have. Some of these apply to bloggers that review things so keep that in mind.
- Goodle Adsense – You can gain revenue from ads appearing on your site.
- Affiliates – Be sure to join affiliate program that will display ads and earn you commission on sales from those ads.
- Marketing – If you see a product that you like then search for the PR contact information and contact them about the product.
- Self Promotion – Make up business cards for your site, and if you want the extra visibility get magnets for your vehicle.
- Social Networking – Join as many social networking sites. This helps publicize your site and gain you traffic.
Here are a few general thoughts for you if you are thinking about blogging.
- Make sure you are up to speed with the FCC guidelines about disclosure about reviewing and compensation.
- If you are going to blog first find a domain name that helps sum up what you are doing.
- Blog as much as possible. Companies like to see you posting more than once a week.
- Once you are established you will get contacted by companies looking to advertise, and they will pay going rate if your site fits.
- Don’t get a subdomain blog. Most companies have stopped working with subdomained blog sites. (ex.. JoesStuff.******.com)
- Register your own domain name. Don’t go through a company that does it for you because it will take work to move it later.
In the beginning I self-hosted my sites from my own servers. I have found a few good sources that offer huge discounts when you sign up.
Here are some of the sites that I recommend for any blogger…
Facebook, MySpace, BlogCatalog
Commission Junction, Linkshare, ClickBank
If you need any other help please feel free to contact me and I would be willing to give you some assistance. I don’t mind mentoring anyone. I have done it before, and will do it again.