Hot off the presses! This is better than diamonds, gold, and tanzanite jewelry. FROYO is here.
Ok… I know that we have been waiting for like… a long time, but the long awaited Froyo Update for the Epic 4G is finally here. You can choose to wait for the OTA update that will be sent out between February 21 and February 25. This is according to information that was sent out by Sprint.
If you choose to want Froyo now, then you can download the file from the Samsung Download Center by Clicking Here.
NOTE: You need to have DI18 on your phone in order to do this.
Now you ask what to do with it. Well, after downloading the file follow these steps:
- Rename the update.zip.zip to update.zip.(This may not apply to you. Certain computers will add .zip the end of the file.)
- Connect your phone to your computer and go to Mass Storage.
- Copy the update.zip file to the SD Card of the phone.
- Power off the phone.
- While holding “Volume Down” + “Camera” turn the phone on.
- Keep holding this sequence until you are at the recovery screen.
- Move up and down with “Volume”.
- Select “Apply SD Card Update.zip”
- Click the “Home” button.
- Let it do its thing.
You now have Froyo… EB13 on your phone, and didn’t have to wait for the OTA update.