Check up on the web if you don’t believe me, but Android 2.2 is apparently starting to go out.
I just installed it, and it does in fact work. NO rooting required. And it’s a Sprint release. Maybe not the final one, but it is one of Sprints. I will give a full rundown in a few days. From what I see, and these are only a few things…
- Flash is now working
- There is a “Silent” button on the DownSwipe screen.
- Free HD Game Demos.
- Tethering option under Wireless and Network.
I take no responsibility if you BRICK your phone so if you can’t follow directions, or aren’t confident… DON’T DO THIS!
If you want to do the update now you can do so by following these directions…
- Download the update file. I already have it named accordingly.
download: Android 2.2.1 Firmware Update For Sprint Epic 4G (90.00MB)
description: Android 2.2.1 Firmware Update For Sprint Epic 4G Use at your own risk.
- Connect your phone to your computer and select Mass Storage.
- Copy the update.zip to the root of the SDCard / Removable drive on your computer.
- Boot into Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply update.zip.
To get into Recovery Mode
- Turn off phone
- Hold Vol Down + Camera + Power On (Keep Holding These Till Recover Mode Is Visible)
To move around in Recovery Mode
- Use Vol Up and Vol Down to move up and down.
- Use Home to select.
Thanks to the many sources that bring me this information.