I have always found Linksys / Cisco products to be the easiest, and most reliable routers on the market. This was a perfect match for me when I was offered to do a review / giveaway of a Linksys / Cisco Valet wireless router.
The Valet comes with a “Easy Setup Key” for configuring your device/devices fast, and easy. The Valet is a router capable of “N” speeds. There are also enhanced parental controls that help aid in restricting keywords, sites, and even time that a computer can surf. Different than previous Linksys routers that I have had this one has a “Guest” account so that your login information is different than anyone that may be visiting, and using your router temporarily. This Valet handles 4 wired computers.
Within 10 minutes of unboxing I had this router fully working. My network required a bit more time because it is on a Server so I reconfigured some of my computers to a seperate network for this purpose. I recommend this router for anyone that has ever had a problem getting a router installed, or anyone that just doesn’t want to have a computer technician come out to install a wireless router. The only thing that I didn’t like was the color. I got used to the blue/black coloring of the original routers, and also I just don’t like white.
Cisco Valet wireless routers (www.thevalet.com) are the super-simple fool-proof way to set up wireless in the home in 3 easy steps and the perfect companion to all the hot consumer electronics this season that require wi-fi. Since it’s so simple to set up, Valet is the perfect companion to consumer electronics gifts and also the best way to make sure even your most tech-challenged friends or relatives have a wireless connection. So no more visits to the coffee shop for your wireless connection when you’re visiting them unless it’s actually for coffee!
More about Valet below:
- Setting up any device to work on and connect to the network takes a couple of minutes. It comes with a USB key so it works quick. Easy to Use!
- Visitors can access the Wi-Fi connection from their laptop, smartphone, or other device without accessing the private home network. Easy guest log-on and protection for those that didn’t know they even needed protection!
- Parental controls that allow parents to manage every devices that kids use to connect. Safety First!
- Easy way to provide wireless for laptops, iPads, gaming systems, Wi-Fi enabled TVs, e-readers, and any other products that require wireless
I was sent a Valet for the purposes of reviewing the product. Receiving the product had no influence on our review. Linksys/Cisco also supplied a Valet for a giveaway.
Now onto the contest details…
Visit the Linksys / Cisco site and tell me which router you think would work best for your home.
Additional entries… (1 additional per)
- Become a Cisco Valet Facebook fan. (Click HERE to go to the Facebook page.) (Comment with your info.)
- Follow me on Twitter. (Comment here with your Twitter name.)
- Tweet this contest. (#Win a Linksys/Cisco Valet Prize from @JMarsden92. It’s easy and reasonable too! http://www.myblogs4u.com/index.php/linksys-cisco-valet-review-giveaway/ Ends 2/28.) (Leave a comment telling me.) (2 max Tweets daily)
- Subscribe to my feed by clicking HERE. (Comment with your name.)
- Share this giveaway with others on Facebook. (Comment about where you shared.)
- Blog about this contest on your site. (Comment about where.)
- Comment on any blog post here at MyBlogs4U. (Leave a comment about where.)
- Comment on any blog post at MomsBlogs4U, DisneyContestBlog, or GameBlogs4U. (Leave a comment.)
- Place my badge on your site. (Leave a comment telling where.)
This contest will run from 2/5/2011 through 2/28/2011. The winner will be randomly chosen. The winner will have 3 days to contact us. After 3 days a new winner will be chosen.