While DVC has come across as the most economical way to vacation in my mind, the economy is really chopping away at other peoples dreams of taking a vacation. Here is News Update #4 on DVC.
1. Disney allows purchases of DVC to be financed. Certain limitations are in place that I never actually knew. Point purchases under 50 points are not eligible for financing through Disney, while other restrictions apply to other point purchases.A. 25-49 points = No financing. Full payment ONLY. B. 50-99 points = Full financing at Full price. C. 100 + points = Full financing, and incentive / bonus offers are eligible.
2. Disney had previously eliminated the 25 point add-on in the past. Disney has fully reinstated the 25 point addon policy.
3. Disney had originally announced that they were going to require 200 point minimum purchase at Bay Lake Towers. Disney has abandoned this.
4. While it doesn’t just pertain to DVC… Disney Magical Express has made a policy change that is supposed to take effect on March 30, 2009. Baggage pickup will no longer be handled prior to 5am, or after 10pm. Guests must bring their luggage to the Disney Magical Express counter with them at time of check-in.
5. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Disney has lost one of their DVC financing sources. Full article here.