Here we are again for another installment of Disney news from around the WWW.
1. Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney will be closing this summer, along with the 5 other locations around the nation.
2. Disney Dining Experience is now to be known as Tables In Wonderland.
Pricing is as follows:
$100 for Florida residents
$75 for Annual Passholders
$50 Second membership on a account
3. Scheduled to debut in summer 2009, Stitch will be having a dance party on a newly constructed stage in Tommorowland.
4. Construction of the 2 new Disney Cruise Line ships has been initiated, after having a ceremony at the Meyer Werft location in Germany.
5. DisneyLand trains are running on BioDiesel.
6. High School Musical will return to the tv. Slated for 2010, High School Musical will appear on tv everywhere with new stars.
7. Look who/what was spotted at Walt Disney World…
In case you can’t tell… It is a Sprint/Nextel operated promotion type bus. Disney has a deal with Sprint/Nextel. They must have decided that there was no better way to market the newest item in their line of phones… Blackberry 8350I Curve.
While I am a loyal Disney Vacation Club member, I must state my opinion on a topic that has seemingly put a lot of DVC members in a rage.
Here is my question… How would a body of people appeal this type of decision? Disney seemingly does everything behind closed doors. Look at what they did with the smokers, and DVC resorts… (read that article HERE)
Disney Vacation Club for many years has had their points schedules structured towards weekday use. (Sunday night through Thursday night) It came to public knowledge that DVC has changed this structure starting in 2010.
While DVC has come across as the most economical way to vacation in my mind, the economy is really chopping away at other peoples dreams of taking a vacation. Here is News Update #4 on DVC.
1. Disney allows purchases of DVC to be financed. Certain limitations are in place that I never actually knew. Point purchases under 50 points are not eligible for financing through Disney, while other restrictions apply to other point purchases.
A. 25-49 points = No financing. Full payment ONLY.
B. 50-99 points = Full financing at Full price.
C. 100 + points = Full financing, and incentive / bonus offers are eligible.
2. Disney had previously eliminated the 25 point add-on in the past. Disney has fully reinstated the 25 point addon policy.
3. Disney had originally announced that they were going to require 200 point minimum purchase at Bay Lake Towers. Disney has abandoned this.
4. While it doesn’t just pertain to DVC… Disney Magical Express has made a policy change that is supposed to take effect on March 30, 2009. Baggage pickup will no longer be handled prior to 5am, or after 10pm. Guests must bring their luggage to the Disney Magical Express counter with them at time of check-in.
5. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Disney has lost one of their DVC financing sources. Full article here.